At WFA, we are on a mission to improve the well-being of all animals over the next decade, by working towards the recognition of animal welfare as essential for the sustainable development agenda.
As part of our communications strategy, we aim to:
- curate and share strategic knowledge and information for the animal protection movement and decision-makers;
- connect and coordinate effectively within our movement, and with influencers; and,
- amplify our advocacy messages, reaching the global policy realm.
To support this work, we’ve established:
- WFA’s Weekly Digest: A roundup of engaging reads, noteworthy events, and important calls to action.
- ‘Together for Animals‘ Newsletter: Our monthly look at the animal welfare world from a policy lens.
- Social Media Platforms: Dive into our digital universe on X, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
How can you be a part of this journey?
As a Digital Communications Volunteer, your keen eye for relevant information and your passion for animals will drive our communications forward. Your tasks will include:
- Curate new information for WFA’s Digest and Newsletter, including monitoring WFA members’ channels and key public figures across social platforms and scanning select media outlets for the latest in animal protection news.
- Develop a social media plan and help us craft engaging posts to amplify WFA and members’ messaging.
We estimate that these tasks will require approximately 4 to 6 hours of your time each week. This ensures that you can fully engage with and contribute to our mission without feeling overwhelmed.
What’s in it for you?
While the role doesn’t come with monetary compensation, it has many perks:
- Skill enhancement: Receive coaching and all the data you need to excel in your role. Plus, a unique chance to grow your skills with our full support.
- Network like a pro: Get networking opportunities in the heart of the animal protection movement.
- Voice your ideas: Play a pivotal part in WFA’s communications.
- Be a part of the change: Immerse yourself in an environment that celebrates your dedication and rewards your passion.
Ready? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org